My cross country road trip has finally come to an end. It included:
- Almost 4,000 miles of driving.
- 10 National Park/Monument sites.
- Weathering three massive (and fatal, apparently) Southern thunderstorms.
- 1 trip to the impound lot.
- 2 separate vehicles (RIP Bessie the 17 yo Mercury Tracer).
- 2 nights trapped in Vegas.
- 1 adorably nerdy and remarkably patient boyfriend.
- Countless bug bites.
- 1 drunken night in Memphis where I made a fool of myself.
- 1 bed bug attack.
- Innumerable excellent memories.
I’m pumped to sleep in a real bed but returning to civilization and a new job isn’t as exciting as impromptu adventures.